Good day Scott and other viewers
Some things that might be of interest in this matter.
There is definitely a “us and them” attitude between many people with money invested in Dalbarton and the directorship of the farm and by extension the company called Palanacol that owns the property. This was obvious, well before the falling out between Brian and Rodney and long before the advent of Carlo. Things seem to have just got worse in 2021
The statement that shares are irrelevant (by Carlo) because “the sole purpose of the company is to strive for independence” is nonsense. As:
1. The Company owns the property
2. I was told all construction materials had to be bought through the company.
3. Share holding power in this company has been used to determine the direction and rules that are applied from time to time.
4. There are many individuals who have bought into the Company for land on the farm who have no voting shares because they will not pay for services. I am one of these people. This, in my opinion is illegal, as there was no stipulation at the time of payment that there would be further charges of any nature. In fact I was told that Payapp would be funding things in the community like this (no tax).
5. Anyone paying for land in Dalbarton (which is in fact just like a share block company) must also be a voting shareholder not simply those that have paid for services etc. Where are these shares and shareholder voices? I should have a say, but never received any communications from Dalbarton that I have not initiated myself. If the company is not prepared to do this then pay me back the money paid for my “land”.
6. Nowhere does the appointment of a director come packaged with a bundle of shares unless this is made clear to shareholders whose shareholding will be directly affected (diluted) by this action. I doubt this has been relayed to shareholders who “voted” for the appointment of Carlo.
In my opinion this scheme has been fraught with inconsistencies and lack of openness from the start. Perhaps this is because the directors were simply “flying by the seat of their pants” perhaps due to wilful mismanagement or simply out of ignorance.
Correct company records have obviously not being kept from the start of Dalbarton, this is the fault of both Rodney and Brian, both businessmen, who cannot claim ignorance of basic business practice.
Lots of people have invested money into Dalbarton. Voting shares should have be issued on the basis of monetary value each individual has PERSONALLY invested to date. NOT arbitrarily by directors of Dalbarton as has been the case to date.
Up until recently “land owners” who had not paid services charges (at multiple times the land cost) had nothing to show for it. Because they were refused permission (by the directors and persons on Dalbarton) to develop their own services or construct anything without going through the ridiculous construction regulations imposed by Dalbarton. NOT the local municipality. In fact the very reason no one could not build permanent structures was to circumvent the bylaws. A committee to ensure quality is not the same thing as a committee being used to force people to use Polanacol bought materials, delay construction unless builders submitted over engineered plans and generally used to force compliance to unnecessary regulation.
Anonymous18 Dec 2021 at 12:00 PM #66312
Only a complete fool would “invest” in something without seeking legal advice. You clearly did not do that and now cry over spilt milk. Pathetic!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.