- This topic is empty.
Lalela Mswane has just been crowned Miss South Africa 2021 at the finale this evening (16 October) at the Grand Arena, GrandWest in Cape Town.
HAS BEEN CROWNED MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2021
Lalela Mswane was crowned Miss South Africa 2021 by Miss South Africa 2020 Shudufhadzo Musida. She will represent South Africa at Miss Universe.
Television personality Anele Mdoda and actor Nico Panagio hosted the pageant. While the backstage presenters were former Miss Universe’s Zozibini Tunzi (2019) and Catriona Gray (2018).
The star-studded judging panel included,
- Miss South Africa titleholders Basetsana Makgalemele (1994) and Dr Tamaryn Green (2018)
- Reigning Miss Universe Andrea Meza
- Radio personality Dineo Ranaka
- Former Miss Universe Pia Wurzbach (2015)
- UCT vice-chancellor Mamokgethi Phakeng
- South African actress Shannon Esra.
The live entertainment at the event did not disappoint either! Osama hitmaker Zakes Bantwini took centre stage as the ladies modelled their swimsuits. There was also a performance by Ndlovu Youth Choir. Ndlovu Youth Choir took the US by the storm as the first choir in the history of America’s Got Talent to make it to the finals.
Moratwe Masima and Zimi Mabunzi were the two runner-ups and the ladies receive R175 000 each. This year the three winners will again represent South Africa at the Miss World, Miss Universe and Miss Supranational pageants.
Miss South Africa 2020 Shudufhadzo Musida will still represent South Africa at the Miss World pageant on 16 December.
TOP FIVE FINALISTS
- Bianca Bezuidenhout
- Jeanni Mulder
- Lalela Mswane
- Moratwe Masima
- Zimi Mabunzi
WHAT DOES MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2021 RECEIVE?
The winner of Miss South Africa 2021 reportedly takes home a package of prizes and sponsorships that amount to a whopping R4 million! Here is a breakdown of the prizes,
- R1 million in cash from the Miss South Africa organisation
- The use of a fully furnished and serviced apartment at Central Square Sandton
- A Mercedes Benz C-Class Sedan for her year of reign
- Sun International: Miss SA’s home away from home
- Sponsorship from Bacher & Co, Cahi Dental & Prosthodontic Practice, Lajawi Hair, Neda Beauty and healing, Sparkle Cosmetics, Steve Madden, Woolworths and more.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.