A one year and nine months old infant lost his life after showing symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting and abdominal pains at Jeppes Reef, on Saturday, 11 February 2023.
According to information, a family of five members were admitted at Shongwe hospital after they all showed the same symptoms.
Four children, a girl aged four, two boys aged six and seven and the deceased are staying with their 23-year-old aunt. According to information, they had a meal as usual when they suddenly fell sick.
They were all taken to hospital and the toddler was unfortunate not to survive. Their aunt was treated and discharged from hospital on the same day and the other three children are still receiving medical attention in hospital.
Currently it is not yet known what might be the cause of death and infection, but after post-mortem is conducted and samples from the survivors are taken, the real cause of death and infection would be revealed.
The Provincial Commissioner of the SAPS in Mpumalanga, Lieutenant General Semakaleng Daphney Manamela said families must be cautious when it comes to food that they consume at home and take note of the expiry dates.
The post Unknown infection nearly wipes out entire family appeared first on South Africa Today.