Loving Life TV

Elderly Mbombela woman attacked, robbed at Uitkyk home

Home Forums ⚖️ CRIME INVESTIGATION LIST ⚖️ Elderly Mbombela woman attacked, robbed at Uitkyk home

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster

A 75-year-old woman, Adele Kimble, was attacked and robbed by two men at her home just off the Uitkyk Road on Monday evening, August 7.

She told Lowvelder she was in her bedroom at about 20:30 while her daughter Diann was out in the yard with her dogs when she heard a noise.

“I thought my daughter was calling for me. I came out my room and got to the front door. One man grabbed me and held me down. Then another man came,” she said.

Adele said everything happened so quickly, she is unsure what occurred next. She sustained injuries to her face and hand in the attack.

Diann said she did not hear any commotion while she was outside with her dogs. She said she suspects there were three robbers involved.

Diann said she was also grabbed by the two men while outside. She was held down and prevented from entering the house.

She did not appear to have any injuries resulting from the robbery. The mother and daughter both said their cellphones were stolen, but that they are unsure if anything else was taken by the men during the robbery.

The Kimbles’ neighbour, Marie Oosthuizen, said one of her employees working on her plot of land came to tell her there was a woman outside who appeared to be looking for help. It was then that Diann approached her and told her of the attack.

ASC Spartan’s Theo Laas said a message came through on the local WhatsApp security group that the attack had occurred at about 20:55. Oosthuizen then called him and a response vehicle was immediately dispatched to the scene.

He said when they arrived at the house just after 21:00, the response unit was already on the scene.

Laas said he then called Michael Horn of K9 DTC Security and Training to assist in tracking the suspects.

They jointly searched for the robbers when they arrived at the scene, but Laas said they were long gone.

He said it appears they had entered the property by cutting the fence on the side. It appears the suspects had escaped the same way.

Adele said she wants people to know what happened to her and urged everyone to be careful.

The police arrived at the scene at about 22:25.

source:Elderly Mbombela woman attacked, robbed at Uitkyk home | Lowvelder

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.