Loving Life TV

Ian Cameron I initially kept my distance with regards to the Joslin Smith case as it seemed to become a political photo shoot for election campaigns instead of a real missing children investigation. So here are my 2 cents:

Home Forums ⚖️ CRIME INVESTIGATION LIST ⚖️ Ian Cameron I initially kept my distance with regards to the Joslin Smith case as it seemed to become a political photo shoot for election campaigns instead of a real missing children investigation. So here are my 2 cents:

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster

I initially kept my distance with regards to the Joslin Smith case as it seemed to become a political photo shoot for election campaigns instead of a real missing children investigation.

So here are my 2 cents:
    Joslin Smith went missing from her residence in Diazville, Saldanha Bay, on February 19, 2024.
    The initial search yielded no results and also, the case was handed over to the South African Police Service Family Violence, Child Protection, and Sexual Offences (FCS) Unit.
    Additional units deployed included the SAPS Drone Unit, SAPS Air Wing, SAPS K9 Unit, Search and Rescue Unit, Marine Unit, and the Navy. The City of Cape Town also sent substantial resources to assist in the search for little Joslin.
    Unfortunately searches were disrupted and became disintegrated and uncoordinated, by false interventions from political opportunists, shifting the focus to crowd control.
    You can imagine the damage to possible leads and evidence with all this traffic.
    Information received led to the arrest of four people, including Joslin’s mother and her mother’s boyfriend. A wrongful arrest was also made due to false information.
    Some of the false information also led to people having to permanently leave the area (their homes) due to being targeted and threatened (children too), as reckless statements created suspicions around innocent members of the community.
    So in short, falsely accused community members were compelled to relocate from the Saldanha area.
    The case has been transferred to the Hawks for further investigation and was today postponed in the Vredenburg Mag Court to mid July 2024.
    The questions I have:
    Why has such an extensive deployment of resources not yielded any successful results in locating Joslin?
    Is the current investigative team equipped with the necessary expertise specifically tailored to missing children cases?
    What is the specific reason behind the direct involvement of a political party and never in other cases, especially regarding missing and murdered children in the province?
    On what basis were the initial arrests made, and what has been done to address the wrongful arrests?
    What is being done about the interrogation of potential suspects on social media by politicians that was widely publicised, how will this influence a potential trial in future?
    What measures are being taken to prevent the spread of false information and its ramifications?
    What strategies are being considered or implemented to refocus and intensify the search for Joslin?
    How are new leads being generated, and is there a plan to reevaluate previously overlooked or new potential evidence?
    How is this case being used to improve or adjust protocols for future missing children investigations?
    What steps are being taken to ensure that Joslin’s case does not fade into obscurity like many other long-term missing children cases in South Africa? There are currently more than 3500 in SA.
    My questions aim to provoke thought and inspire action among stakeholders and the community. By demanding answers, we can help direct the investigation towards more effective avenues and ensure that all efforts are made to find Joslin Smith and bring her home safely.
    We need to fight these fights head on and stop those trampling the scenes or abusing such cases.

For now, I propose that the case be taken by the SAPS Cold Case Unit, in order to get to the bottom of it all. A national unit with no dirty ground level politics and a proven track record is the way to go.

source:facebook
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.