Home › Forums › DAILY BREAD BY VIKING BOER › BIBLE Q & A WITH VIKING BOER › Q&A.016.THE BIBLE – DIVORCE&REMARRIAGE-PART 2 [Q&A -11 Videos] › Reply To: Q&A.016.THE BIBLE – DIVORCE&REMARRIAGE-PART 2 [Q&A -11 Videos]
——— DIVORCE & REMARRIAGE FUTURE Q & A’s ——–
The questions below will be answered in future videos on this channel.
14. When are two people considered “married” in God’s eyes? Is living and sleeping together enough?
15. What if a polygamist gives his life to Christ? Do they stay married to all their wives?
16. Can you please elaborate on what is meant by “still being morally obligated” after a divorce?
17. Can you explain what Jesus meant by “because of the hardness of your hearts” and comment on Roman Catholic annulment?
18. Some teach that the key to understanding the Bible is knowing the difference between “putting away” and “writ of divorce”. What’s up with that?
19. Is it not one of the highest laws to forgive? Doesn’t Jesus say to forgive 70 times 7? If Jesus forgives Israel (see Romans 11), shouldn’t we, in our marriages, be forgiving all the time and never divorce?
20. What about a spouse who keeps draining the bank account and refuses to stop?
21. You have said adultery, abandonment, and abuse (lots of ways out of a marriage) are exceptions to divorce and remarrying – why would the disciples be shocked in Matthew 19 if that’s what Jesus truly meant?
22. If you can justify divorce with adultery then why not just go commit adultery to get out of a marriage as some people have?
23. Is it possible that Jesus was just talking about king Herod and we’ve misunderstood?
24. Since priests are forbidden from marrying a divorced woman does this mean it was allowed for everyone else under the O.T. Law?
25. Could Deut. 24 really be showing us that second marriages are invalid and adulterous, which is why she can’t go back to her first husband?
26. Given Deut. 24, should we also say today that remarrying an ex-spouse who you filed a certificate of divorce for is also not allowed?
27. Can I tell you whether to divorce or not?
28. Why I’m concerned about saying “abuse” justifies divorce.
29. Should ANY second marriage be broken up?
30. Have I changed my mind about my teaching?