Loving Life TV

BB.026.VIKING BOER – SHORT BIBLE BITES – Marry Wisely

Home Forums DAILY BREAD BY VIKING BOER VIKING BOER- DAILY BREAD BB.026.VIKING BOER – SHORT BIBLE BITES – Marry Wisely

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    VIKING BOER

BB.026.VIKING BOER – SHORT BIBLE BITES – Marry Wisely

“When Esau was forty years old he married Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Basemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and they brought grief to Isaac and Rebekah.” (Gen 26:34-35)

Esau had a reputation for making bold moves without always thinking them through. Selling his birthright seemed like a good idea at the time, but later there wasn’t any room for him to change his mind once he’d thought it through (Heb 12:16-17). “Forgive me for the things I said when I was hungry.” – I think Esau got invented that saying.

Marriage is a beautiful thing, but marriage to the wrong person (or in Esau’s case, more than one person – yikes!) is a choice that comes with lasting consequences. Rebekah would later beg Isaac to send their other son, Jacob, away so he wouldn’t hurt her heart the way Esau had (Gen 27:46).

Marry wisely and you have a lifetime of joy ahead.

“House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.” (Prov 19:14)

BibleBites are small, bite-sized snacks of wisdom from God’s Word.
    I hope you enjoy it and come back often!

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for
    doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”
    (2Timothy 3:16)

“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes
    from the mouth of God.” (Matt. 4:4)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.