Loving Life TV

Couple attacked on Gauteng farm-whilst feeding their antelope

Home Forums ATTACKS AND MURDERS ON OUR SOUTH AFRICAN FARMERS. Couple attacked on Gauteng farm-whilst feeding their antelope

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster

Couple attacked on Gauteng farm while feeding black whites

Couple attacked on Gauteng farm while feeding black whites

The couple’s vehicle was found later at their home, with the engine still running.
    A pair, held separately with both feared the other being held hostage after they were robbed by four robbers on their farm in the Doornfontein area near Carletonville on April 14.
    Gustav (65) and Gerda Janse van Rensburg were busy last Sunday at around 15:00 feeding their black and white pens on their wild farm Skilderkrans.
    Gustav was hit over the head by someone from behind when he went to the farmhouse bathroom. When he arrived, he was stuck in the loop of a pistol.
    Three men with slap sparrows on grabbed him and gave him money. Gerda was held elsewhere on the farm.
    Rowers took the couple’s cellphones and wedding rings and assaulted them.
    “My ring has never been off my finger since we got married on the 5th of February 1983. When I couldn’t get it down fast enough, they told me they were going to shoot my finger. I could at least get it loose,” Gustav said.
    All he heard during the incident from his wife was when she screamed that the robbers were hurting her.
    Fearing they’re holding his wife hostage, Gustav gave the robbers directions to the couple’s home in Fochville, as well as where the safe is in the house.
    The robbers left the scene in the couple’s white Nissan Navarra.
    Gustav, whose hands and feet were tied, managed to cut himself free after repeatedly bumping into the cupboard he was lying next to a tool he could use and fell off.
    He ran across the farm and the neighbouring farm, in the direction of the Deelkraal road. A group of men in a white VW Golf stopped and gave him a cell phone to call for help.
    “The one man first had to load money on the phone before I could call with it. I will always be grateful to them. I was standing in the middle of the road and there must have been four other cars past me before they stopped,” he said.
    Gustav called a relative and, thinking the robbers had Gerda with them, immediately asked for police and other help to rush to their home in Fochville to try and stop the robbers.
    The couple’s Nissan was found in the house’s garage. The engine was still ringing and it is suspected that the yard’s alarm went off and the robbers fled. There was no sign of Gerda.
    Fortunately, Gustav was able to get medical help quickly for the wounds he sustained during the attack.
    Meanwhile Gerda was still on the farm and thought it was her turn that the robbers with her husband were gone.
    She initially struggled a lot to get loose where she was tied to water tanks on the farm.
    “I kept calling out to the Lord. Suddenly, the wires that used to be so tight were no longer so tight and I could get my hands off,” Gerda said.
    She was able to get herself to the farmhouse and only went out when family showed up looking for her.
    Security camera footage in the vicinity of the couple’s home showed the four suspects fleeing on foot into the river. They also allegedly threw Gustav’s iPhone into the river because the signal could only be followed there.
    Police, members of the GPF, security companies and several other members of the Fochville community assisted during the incident.

The robbers are still on free foot.

source:Egpaar op Gauteng-plaas aangeval terwyl hulle swartwitpense voer – LNN – Network News (citizen.co.za)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.