Loving Life TV

COUPLE RESCUED AFTER 202 HOURS UNDER RUBBLE IN SOUTHERN TÜRKIYE (VIDEO)

Home Forums A SECURITY AND NEWS FORUM COUPLE RESCUED AFTER 202 HOURS UNDER RUBBLE IN SOUTHERN TÜRKIYE (VIDEO)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster
    A couple was pulled from the rubble in a miracle rescue Tuesday after staying 202 hours under the rubble following the twin quakes in southern Türkiye last week.
    Muharrem and his wife Hidayet Polat were rescued in Kahramanmaras province after rescue teams heard their voices from under the rubble.
    The couple was transferred to a nearby hospital for medical treatment.
    Muharrem, who is now under medical supervision, told Anadolu that two of their children lost their lives under the rubble and that they tried hard to keep their 6-month-old baby alive.

“We didn’t eat anything under the rubble. I only found some Vaseline and we ate some of it. I did not know if it would cause any harm,” Polat said.
    “We had a 6-month-old son Muhammet Alparslan, my wife’s milk was no longer coming so I tried to feed him with my saliva. On the fifth day under rubble, Muhammet couldn’t take it anymore, I checked his pulse, listened to his heart and I realized he died in the morning,” he said.
    Speaking about the moments when he found water melting from the snow on the seventh day under the rubble, Muharrem said: “In the first earthquake, the floor was closed, but in the second earthquake, it opened up. I only realized this on the 7th day. That was the only place where the air was coming in, there was a lot of dust, and it covered our mouths and faces.”
    “On this same day, I called on my wife: ‘Hidayet, look, there is something over there.’ I touched it, the brick was damp. I showed her, but she didn’t believe me. I dug incessantly, and snow water came out. Allah showed mercy on us,” he added.
    Underlining that they never lost their faith, Polat said the teams could have reached them a day or two days ago, but the rubble above them prevented them from doing so.
    -Anadolu Agency

COUPLE RESCUED AFTER 202 HOURS UNDER RUBBLE IN SOUTHERN TÜRKIYE (VIDEO) (independentpress.cc)

VIKING BOER

Thanks for this story, Nat.
    Over this period I watched about every story that was on Youtube but not on other media networks.
    There were many videos that made me cry as big as I am – especially when they got a child out under the rubble.
    The people in Syria are still in a state of war also and this must have been a big blow for the people there who are already suffering without enough food and clean water.
    We will never know what it must be like to be so long under rubble that you can’t move without water. How many are there still to rescue?
    I salute all the rescue and aid workers and even those digging with their bare hands to find some life under the massive rubble material.
    IT WAS DURING THIS TIME THAT THERE WERE ALSO MAJOR FLOODS ALL OVER THE WORLD AT VARIOUS PLACES AND THE ONE IN NEW ZEALAND ALSO GOT SOME COVERAGE WITH VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE.
    All we can do is pray for these people and the poor babies that were rescued who lost their parents in this massive disaster.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.