Loving Life TV

Identifying and Evaluating the Worst Presidents in History-FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-PETER HAMMOND

Home Forums FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-DR PETER HAMMOND Identifying and Evaluating the Worst Presidents in History-FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-PETER HAMMOND

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster
    Identifying and Evaluating the Worst Presidents in History
    “You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting…” Daniel 5:27

To view this presentation as a video, click here: https://vimeo.com/866526381
    To listen to this lecture as an audio, click here: https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=91823191322430

Prejudiced Poll places Populist Presidential Candidate amongst the Worst
    Recently, CNN announced that Donald Trump was one of the worst presidents America has ever had and that Abraham Lincoln was one of the best. Bizarrely, Obama and Clinton were listed amongst the better presidents and Jimmy Carter was somewhere in the middle. The obviously biased and partisan criteria utilised in this very prejudiced study makes it practically worthless, but still an interesting commentary on those who are attempting to educate the rest of us as to what makes a good, or a bad national leader. According to U.S. News, which compiled its 10 Worst Presidents rankings, they averaged presidents’ scores from three separate metrics: C-SPAN’s 2021 Presidential Historians Survey, Siena College’s Presidential Expert Poll and the Presidential Greatness Rankings conducted by professors at the University of Houston and Boise State University.

Who do you think is the worst president of all time?
    Several years ago, while Barack Hussein Obama was president of the USA, I was a speaker at a Biblical Worldview Youth Conference in Colorado. A guest lecturer made the statement that Obama was the worst president in American history.

Was Jimmy Carter the worst president in American history?
    I commented that he should also consider the damage caused by the foreign policies of Jimmy Carter’s presidency: 13 countries were betrayed to communism in the 4 years of Jimmy Carter’s disastrous presidency. This included American allies such as Nicaragua, betrayed to the communist Sandinistas and Rhodesia betrayed into the hands of Robert Mugabe’s Marxist ZANU terrorists. Not to mention the Shah of Iran betrayed into the hands of the Ayatollah Khomeini’s jihadist crazies. Over 40 years later the people of Zimbabwe and Iran are still suffering the consequences of Jimmy Carter’s treacherous foreign policies. “…’Should you help the wicked and love those who hate the Lord? Therefore the wrath of the Lord is upon you.'” 2 Chronicles 19:2

The Catastrophic Consequences of FDR’s Foreign Policies
    No sooner had I made this point then I felt a hand on my shoulder and heard Dr David Noble say: “Peter, you are wrong! In terms of damage done, consider the catastrophic consequences of Franklin Delano Roosevelt foreign policy: he betrayed one third of the world’s population into the hands of communist tyrants such as Joseph Stalin!”

What about Abraham Lincoln?
    Then, somebody from the back of the hall shouted out: “and it all started with Abraham Lincoln!”

Inverting Reality and Ignoring Results
    Yet, according to the Clinton News Network and Useless News these were some of the best presidents of America! Ministering behind the Iron Curtain into Eastern Europe, the persecuted Christians that I fellowshiped with were no fans of FDR!

Freedom Betrayed
    His lend lease technology transfer of vast quantities of high-tech weaponry, tanks and aircraft that saved Stalin’s Soviet Union from collapse and betrayal of Eastern Europe into the hands of the most Antichrist bloodthirsty mass murdering dictatorship in history ranked him as one of the very worst leaders in all of history. When I was involved in Bible smuggling behind the Iron Curtain, I quickly learned that Yalta was a swearword amongst the Christians of Eastern Europe.

Yalta and Operation Keelhaul
    It was at Yalta that Stalin, Churchill and FDR redrew the map of Europe to condemn Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Ukraine, Poland, eastern Germany, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and Albania to communist domination and oppression. A secret agreement at Yalta, codenamed Operation Keelhaul condemned millions of Russians and Ukrainians living in Western Europe to be forced, literally at gun and bayonet point by the Allies into the hands of the Soviet NKVD. This included multitudes of unfortunate women and children who had been born in Western Europe and had never even lived in Russia, descendants of those who had fled the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917. From 1945 to 1947, over 3 million Russians, Ukrainians and other East Europeans were forced across what would become known as the Iron Curtain into the hands of the murderous Bolsheviks. Many tens of thousands were immediately shot, most ended up as slave labour in the Arctic hellholes of the Soviet GULAG concentration camps in Siberia.

Assassinating Allies
    The Polish Christians added that FDR and Churchill conspired to assassinate the Polish commander Gen Sikorski, 4th of July 1943 at Gibraltar. Władysław Sikorski, his daughter and the high command of Poland all died in a mysterious plane crash in which only the pilot survived. The fact that communications between US Pres Franklin Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill during June and July 1943 are still sealed has added to the suspicion that the Polish leader was removed because of his demands for independent international investigation into the brutal Katyn Massacre of tens of thousands of Polish officers and NCOs by their Soviet allies. “While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption.” 2 Peter 2:19

The Objective Standard by which All Leaders are Judged
    Is there an objective standard by which we can evaluate leaders of nations? Yes, the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of Almighty God. In the Bible books of 1 and 2 Kings, each leader is evaluated in terms of their worship, whether they were faithful to God or not, and their ethics and policies, whether they upheld justice and the Law of God or not. Kings who tolerated, or participated in, Idolatry, Immorality, Interfaith worship or apostasy were condemned as failures. Those leaders who allowed prostitution, or perversion, and child sacrifice were condemned as evil. Kings who foolishly went to war when they did not need to are condemned as bad leaders. Those who failed to live up to their promises, or who violated the Covenant, are condemned. Those who feared God, upheld Biblical justice, protected lives and property, led the nation in prayer and repentance promoting work ethic and worship are described as good Kings. Although he was by no means perfect, King David is praised as Israel’s greatest King and “a man after God’s own heart.” King Ahab is condemned as one of the worst of all the Kings of Israel and Judah. Ahab married Jezebel, a Phoenician princess, whose schemings and false charges against Naboth enabled Ahab to covet and seize his Vineyard. This treacherous event marked the beginning of the prophet Elijah’s ministry. Elijah famously confronted Ahab and Jezebel and then their false prophets on Mount Carmel. This contest culminated in God spectacularly sending fire upon the altar in answer to the fervent prayer of Elijah. “And Elijah came to all the people, and said, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” 1 Kings 18:21

Character and Conduct Determine the Fate of a Nation
    The Southern kingdom of Judah had 19 Kings and one queen, 12 of whom are condemned for having done evil in the eyes of the Lord. 8 are commended and 2, Hezekiah and Josiah, are highly praised for their diligence in opposing immorality and uprooting idolatry. In the northern Kingdom of Israel, all 20 kings were bad, 14 of which were severely condemned for being exceptionally evil. While the South had one dynasty, the northern Kingdom of Israel had 9 dynasties with the succession precipitated by assassinations 6 times. The Bible shows that the character and conduct of a king decides the fate of a nation. The Bible books of 1 and 2 Kings catalogues why both Israel and Judah were judged, defeated, exiled and scattered. The Scripture makes clear that God hates all idolatry and child sacrifice. The division of Israel, the fall of Jerusalem, the exile and scattering of the tribes of Israel make clear that God is serious. He is a holy God and we cannot break His Law with impunity. As warned in Deuteronomy 28, there are catastrophic consequences for a nation turning away from God. What we sow we shall reap. “If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

All civil authority is delegated by God and answerable to God
    “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people” Proverbs 14:34
    Our Lord Jesus Christ declared: “‘You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above…'” John 19:11. All civil authority is delegated by God and answerable to God. “For the Lord is our Judge, the Lord is our Lawgiver, the Lord is our King; it is He Who will save us.” Isaiah 33:22. How should we evaluate presidents in the light of these Biblical standards?

Ultimately only what the Eternal Judge declares Matters
    It really does not matter what some biased journalists (presstitutes actually), or prejudiced politicians or atheist academics think or say. What does the Word of God say? Many leaders who are highly praised by the world media have “done evil in the sight of the Lord.” The Biased Broadcasting Corporation Slime magazine, Newspeak and Useless News may praise some individuals as the greatest, but if they supported the killing of children by abortion their presidency is an abomination in the sight of God.
    Similarly, presidents who supported compulsory secular humanist education did evil in the sight of the Lord. Those presidents who on their watch allowed the Bible to be removed from school classrooms, prayer to be outlawed in government schools, evolutionism, cultural Marxism, critical race theory and gender confusion to be force-fed to generations of children in state schools funded by the taxpayer: What will those presidents have to say to the Eternal Judge on the Day of Judgement? “For we must all appear before the Judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.” 2 Cor. 5:10

A Trail of Betrayal

During the 4 years of the presidency of Jimmy Carter, 13 countries fell to communism. In most cases, they did not just fall to communism, but were actually betrayed into the hands of communist revolutionaries. It was a high foreign policy goal of Jimmy Carter’s presidency to force the people of Rhodesia to hand over to Robert Mugabe’s ZANU terrorists. Americans voted out Jimmy Carter from the presidency over 32 years ago. However, the longsuffering people of Zimbabwe are still stuck with Carter’s legacy in the form of Robert Mugabe’s murderous Marxist dictatorship.“You shall do no injustice in judgement. You shall not be partial to the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty. In righteousness you shall judge your neighbour.” Leviticus 19:15

A Legacy of Liberty
    No countries fell to communism during the 8 years of Ronald Reagan’s presidency. In fact countries started to be freed from communist oppression. Ronald Reagan put freedom on the offensive, supported resistance movements in communist countries and helped win the Cold War that brought down the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain. The collapse of communism throughout Eastern Europe in 1989, brought about a new era of religious freedom and Missionary activity that had previously been inconceivable.

Strength and Weakness
    As one politician observed: “There is nothing they despise more than weakness; there is nothing they respect more than strength!” America was plainly despised in the days of Jimmy Carter. However, America was respected under Ronald Reagan.

Persecution Increases
    As a missionary to persecuted churches, I could not help but notice, that during the Bill Clinton era, we witnessed and experienced a steady increase of violent persecution of Christians in the Muslim world. It was in the 1990s that radical Islamic regimes, such as the National Islamic Front in Sudan, began systematic terror bombing campaigns of churches, hospitals and schools. It was at that same time that I experienced artillery and aerial bombardments while ministering in churches in Sudan. In 1996, as I flew into South Sudan immediately after the US elections, the Governor of Equatoria greeted me on the airstrip with: “How could the Americans elect Clinton Again!?!” “…Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the river, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!” Joshua 24:15

Promoting an Explosion of Persecution
    After Obama became president of the USA, and as a result of his Arab Spring intervention, support of the radical Muslim Brotherhood and launching and funding of the ISIS terrorist group which brought massive destabilisation to the Middle East, toppling the stable American ally in Egypt and overthrowing the government of Libya, there was an unmistakable escalation of violent attacks on Christians worldwide, particularly in the Muslim Middle East. Literally hundreds of churches were bombed and burned throughout Northern Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan and Iraq. Between 2010 and 2015 there were over 1000 attacks on churches in northern Nigeria and over 17,000 Christians were killed by Boko Haram Islamic jihadists. The Lord Jesus Christ declared: “The Stone which the builders rejected has become the chief Cornerstone. Whoever falls on that Stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.” Luke 20:17-18

American Foreign Policy Affects Lives
    I’m sure that most Americans do not think foreign policy when they vote for their president. However, believers in Africa and the Middle East would earnestly entreat our brethren in America to seriously consider the foreign policy implications of their votes. Lives are at stake. Jesus warned us: Do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!” Luke 12:4-5

Doomed
    There is no doubt that millions of people died throughout Africa, Asia and the Middle East because of the foreign policies of Jimmy Carter. Tens-of-millions continue to suffer to this day as a result of the Carter foreign policy legacy, including the people in Iran. It needs to be remembered that the Shah of Iran was one of America’s closest allies in the Middle East when Jimmy Carter’s State Department actively worked to betray their ally and push Iran over to the ayatollahs. The end result of that has yet to be seen as Iran continues to be a volatile part of the extremely violent Middle East.

Delivered
    However, as I wrote in my article: Ronald Reagan Saved Lives in Angola, there are many millions of people alive, and free, today, because of the far-sighted and courageous foreign policies of President Ronald Reagan.

Economic Success
    Considering the impressive economic progress made by the United States of America under Pres Donald Trump, it seems grossly unfair for CNN to label him: the worst president. Donald Trump made America energy independent with the lowest unemployment rate and lowest illegal border crossing rates in recent history. He left America with its strongest southern border, a revitalised military, low fuel costs and low inflation. Most importantly, he was the first American presence in many years to not initiate a new war! Perhaps that is the reason why the deep state and its compliant mainstream/lame stream media rejected him. Perhaps they think it is unpatriotic to not fuel the “military industrial complex” with more expensive overseas endless wars! His Abraham Accords strengthened peace in the Middle East and his diplomacy surprised everyone by meeting with the North Korean dictator and averting what many had been predicting as an inevitable war with nuclear armed North Korea.

Disastrous
    During the disastrous Obama presidency a billboard appeared with a smiling Jimmy Carter declaring: “at least they can’t call me the worst president anymore!” With more and more evidence coming out of rampant corruption, drug abuse and the American State Department and CIA engineering of the overthrow of the elected government in Ukraine and its replacement with a corrupt puppet client state, the Obama presidency should be considered for “the worst presidency”

A Policy of Promoting Perversion – The Gay Ukraine Connection
    The democratically elected Ukraine government that was overthrown in the violent 2014 coup d’état had laws against LGBTQ perversion and grooming of children. However, after the 2014 revolution, the American installed regime immediately began to pass legislation promoting the Gay and transgender agenda. Even the head of Britain’s MI6 recently tweeted that the war in Ukraine is important because it is over the values that distinguish Western Europe from Putin’s Russia, the values of LGBTQ rights! This confirmed what Russian Orthodox Church patriarch Kirill observed: that America wages wars against those who will not promote the LGBTQ gay marches and perverted agenda!
    If that is true, then the world is being pushed towards a 3rd World War as a result of a policy of promoting perversion.

Fake News, Fake Elections and a Fake President
    The Biden White House is an example of what election interference can achieve. As the Twitter files demonstrate, federal intelligence agencies urged Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms to, suppress any information deemed unfavourable, censor dissent, deplatform those considered to be a threat to the leftist/globalist agenda and to promote the Biden presidential campaign. Possibly one of the most incompetent and corrupt administrations ever seen in the Western world (which is saying something when considering Justin Trudeau’s oppressive government in Canada and Jacinda Ardern of New Zealand.) In terms of suppressing free speech, restricting religious freedom, mandating the masquerade madness, lockdown lunacy and salvation by vaccination Covid cult, Biden, Harris, Trudeau and Ardern must rate as some of the worst governments ever seen in the Western world. Yet inexplicably Biden is not even refer to in the latest listing of worst presidents. Surely Biden must be a candidate for one of the very worst. He has trouble putting two sentences together and one foot in front of the other. When the president needs to be guided by a man in a rabbit suit, something is seriously wrong.

The Demographic Timebomb
    Unprecedented millions of illegal migrants have crossed the southern American border illegally along with and explosion of drugs and human trafficking under Biden’s Open Borders policy. An open border is no border at all. The shocking increase in crime, drugs and violence that has come along with this invasion is apparently considered acceptable to radical democrats who see these illegal aliens as easily manipulable future voters to swamp and counter the rising populist tsunami that supports Trump’s Make America Great Again movement. Some radical democrats are openly speaking about the need for a great replacement to permanently alter the demographics of America by importing welfare dependents who can be counted on to vote for their party no matter how disastrous their political failures.

An Urgent Call to Prayer and Action

Ideas have consequences. What we sow, we reap. There are consequences for every action. We continue to pray that our Christian brethren in the United States will be in much prayer and seek the wisdom of God as they approach the critical election year of 2024. “Select capable men from all the people – men who fear God; trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain – and appoint them as officials…” Exodus 18:21

Back to the Bible for Reformation and Revival
    May we all be Faithful to God’s Word and effective in His service as we seek to reclaim our countries for Christ, laying solid Biblical foundations for Reformation and earnestly praying for Spiritual Revival.
    To listen to the From the Frontline radio programme on this subject: https://fromthefrontline.podbean.com/e/identifying-and-evaluating-the-worst-presidents-in-history/
    This article is also available on the web: https://www.hmsschoolofchristianjournalism.org/news-articles/identifying-and-evaluating-the-worst-presidents-in-history

Dr. Peter Hammond
    Frontline Fellowship
    PO Box 74 | Newlands | 7725 | Cape Town | South Africa
    Tel: +27 21 689 4480
    peter@frontline.org.za
    http://www.FrontlineMissionSA.org
    website email

Please Pray for and Support Frontline Missions in Africa: https://www.frontlinemissionsa.org/priority-projects.html

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.