Loving Life TV

MINT OREO COOKIE BALLS

Home Forums COOKING-SA STYLE MINT OREO COOKIE BALLS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster

Our Oreo Mint Truffles recipe is easily made simply by combining crushed OREO cookies with softened cream cheese, rolling them into balls, coating them in melted chocolate, and decorating the with a drizzle of candy.

No-bake Oreo mint truffle balls are the perfect treat for Christmas parties, St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, or can be dressed up in sprinkles and festive colors for any other holiday.

These mint Oreo balls are my family’s favorite finger food!

With their soft and creamy texture and sweet and tangy taste, the flavor is similar to mint chocolate chip cookies and cream ice cream but served chilled as mint chocolate balls instead of frozen as scoops.

• Quick and easy to make in 15 minutes.

• Only uses 3 ingredients plus optional decoration.

• Soft, creamy mint Oreo cheesecake mixture in the middle and hardened chocolate coating on the outside.

• Single-serving snacks are pre-portioned and portable.

• Perfect for a Christmas party, dessert platter, cookie exchange, or gift giving.

mint oreo truffles ingredients

INGREDIENTS FOR MINT OREO TRUFFLES

• Cream cheese

• Chocolate mint Oreo cookies: Use your favorite GF mint chocolate sandwich cookies to make these gluten free Oreo truffles.

• Chocolate almond bark

• Green candy melts (optional garnish)

mint oreo truffles
      • Stand mixer or a handheld mixer

• Baking sheet

• Parchment paper

• Cookie scoop

• Heat-safe mixing bowl

HOW TO MAKE MINT OREO TRUFFLES

1. Make The Middle Mixture: Beat the cream cheese until smooth and then add the crushed cookies. Beat the mixture until well incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

1. Roll Until Round: Scoop the mixture and roll it into balls.

2. Melt The Chocolate: Microwave the almond bark for 1 minute, stir, and continue heating in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth.

1. Dip And Decorate: Roll each truffle in the melted chocolate to completely coat. Decorate with a drizzle of melted green candy melts.

2. Serve: Allow the truffles to harden completely before serving. Enjoy!

TIPS FOR MAKING OREO TRUFFLES

• Since Oreo cookies per package were reduced from 40 to 39, I use 38 cookies for this recipe.

• If you are using a food processor to crush the cookies, I have found it much easier to crush the cookies in batches. The cookies are usually packaged in rows of 3, and that’s how I break up the batches.

• Always make sure the cream cheese is properly softened to help avoid cream cheese lumps in the truffle dough.

HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE TRUFFLES

• To Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

• To Freeze: You can freeze the truffles for up to 3 months. Allow the truffles to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.

bitten mint oreo truffles

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

DO OREO TRUFFLES NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?

Yes, truffles should be kept in the fridge until you serve them. I personally think they taste best when cold. However, they can be left at room temperature. According to the FDA, cream cheese can be left out at room temperature for up to 2 hours.

CAN I USE CHOCOLATE CHIPS INSTEAD OF ALMOND BARK TO COAT MY TRUFFLES?

Either almond bark or candy wafer melts is the best option to coat truffles because they create a smooth texture. However, if you choose to use chocolate chips, you will need to add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to each 8 oz of chocolate chips you’re melting for a smooth finish.

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DIP TRUFFLES IN MELTED CHOCOLATE?

The best method to coat these balls in chocolate is to use a fork and gently tap any excess chocolate on the side of the bowl. I like to use a toothpick to remove the excess melted wafer from the bottom of the fork and then gently push the ball onto the baking sheet.

HOW SHOULD I CRUSH MY OREO COOKIES?

You can crush your Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor or you can place the cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Make sure you crush the entire cookie and do not remove the filling! I used a food processor to crush my cookies and was able to get 4 cups of cookie crumbs.

mint oreo stacked up with truffle on top
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.