Loving Life TV

Podcast 415: Debunking the Serotonin-Depression Theory (with Dr. Joanna Moncrieff)-SHARED BY DR RAPITI

Home Forums DR E.V. RAPITI. Podcast 415: Debunking the Serotonin-Depression Theory (with Dr. Joanna Moncrieff)-SHARED BY DR RAPITI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview Dr Leaf had with Prof J Moncrieff, an outstanding professor, researcher and author of the book, busting the myth about antidepressants. I am a family physician with over 35 years experience treating patients with mental health disorders. After reading Dr William Glassners book, written in the late 80s, psychiatry may be hazardous to your health, I became very sceptical about many psychiatry drugs for depression, anxiety and psychosis

For over 20 years I managed to wean most of my patients off their antidepressants and benzos and even their antipsychotics especially if the psychosis was caused by substance abuse. I found teaching people how to cope with life’s challenges is a far more effective way of treating depression and anxiety than drugs. My methods have not made me popular with the psychiatry fraternity. I feel vindicated after listening to this interview

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.