Loving Life TV

Q&A.073.THE BIBLE – What Jesus Said About God

Home Forums DAILY BREAD BY VIKING BOER BIBLE Q & A WITH VIKING BOER Q&A.073.THE BIBLE – What Jesus Said About God

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    VIKING BOER

Q&A.073.THE BIBLE – What Jesus Said About God

What did Jesus say About God?
    Did Jesus ever say he is God? & taught about God?
    Does Jesus call God Abba?

Did Jesus ever say he is God?
    During his lifetime, Jesus himself didn’t call himself God and didn’t consider himself God, and … none of his disciples had any inkling at all that he was God. You do find Jesus calling himself God in the Gospel of John, or the last Gospel.

What did Jesus call God?
    Jehovah is the English translation of God’s real name. What shocked his contemporaries was that Jesus called God (YHWH) his Father, and even used the intimate form Abba (equivalent to Dad). The Scribes and Pharisees felt this was taking shocking liberty with El Shaddai, the Almighty.

What did Jesus teach about God?
    Jesus taught his followers that those who live good lives and follow his teachings will be rewarded with eternal life in God’s kingdom. Jesus also taught that those who commit sins and turn their back on God will receive eternal punishment in Hell.

Who is the Son of God?
    Jesus is called the “son of God,” while followers of Jesus are called, “sons of God”. As applied to Jesus, the term is a reference to his role as the Messiah, or Christ, the King chosen by God (Matthew 26:63).
    Where does Jesus say I am the Son of God?
    In Matthew 27:43, while Jesus hangs on the cross, the Jewish leaders mock him to ask God for help, “for he said, I am the Son of God”, referring to the claim of Jesus to be the Son of God.

Does Jesus call God Abba?
    Mark’s gospel (14:36) it is used in the account of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane: “He said, ‘Abba, Father, all things are possible to you. Take this cup away from me, but not what I will but what you will. … Matthew 26:39, has Jesus say, “My Father”.
    In Luke, he says simply, “Father” (Luke 22:42).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.