Loving Life TV

Q&A.104.THE BIBLE – Asbury Revival – MOVE OF GOD

Home Forums DAILY BREAD BY VIKING BOER BIBLE Q & A WITH VIKING BOER Q&A.104.THE BIBLE – Asbury Revival – MOVE OF GOD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    VIKING BOER

Q&A.104.THE BIBLE – Asbury Revival – MOVE OF GOD

News on The 700 Club: February 17, 2023

Line Stretches Half a Mile as Revival is on Display at Asbury: ‘Very Healing Experience’

WILMORE, Kentucky – The revival at Asbury University is now in its 10th day as thousands of people continue to make the spiritual pilgrimage to this town in hopes of encountering more of God.

The revival is now officially in overflow mode with the line of people to get inside stretching nearly a half mile long. CBN News spoke with folks from all over the country who were waiting patiently to get into Hughes Auditorium here at Asbury so they can experience revival for themselves.

Andrew Hager of Lexington, Kentucky said, “God is here! God is here and He’s working right now, come and get you some, you hear me.”
    Our Culture’s Going to Be Changed’: Massive Revival at Asbury University Captivates the World

The nation is captivated by the revival breaking out at Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky, as students, faculty, and people from outside the Christian campus flock to the chapel to take part in a multi-day revival. From singing to sermons and overt praise for Jesus, the praise and worship service, which started February 8, hasn’t stopped. Day and night, students and professors are worshipping Jesus. It’s a scene that has left Alexandra Presta, a senior at Asbury University, in awe. Presta, editor of the student-run website The Asbury Collegian, has been writing about what she experienced after attending what she thought was a typical chapel service last Wednesday. But that service was like none other. She and others stayed all day and through the night — and have continued returning. “Peers, professors, local church leaders and seminary students surround me — all of them praying, worshipping and praising God together,” Presta wrote about the experience. “Voices are ringing out. People are bowing at the altar, arms stretched wide. A pair of friends cling to each other in a hug, one with tears in her eyes. A diverse group of individuals crowd the piano and flawlessly switch from song to song.” She added something else worth pondering: “No one wants to leave.” Presta joined CBN’s Faithwire to discuss how the Christian revival at Asbury is transforming not only the campus community as a whole, but individual hearts and minds — including her own. She said the campus will continue the revival so long as the Holy Spirit urges them to do so. Presta also said she believes the Kentucky revival will make a massive impact for the Lord. Watch Presta explain the revival, look back at the famed 1970s event that happened on the same campus, and share her first-hand experience of this incredible moment.

SECOND Campus Revival Ignites With Salvation, Deliverance, Healing: ‘The Spirit of God Is Moving’

Feb 14, 2023 #christiannews #christian #cbnnews
    As the historic revival at Asbury University stretches into its sixth day, one pastor says the Holy Spirit is now moving in a big way on another college campus. Rob Fultz, campus pastor Lee University in Cleveland, Tennessee, said revival also started breaking out at his school Monday, with around eight students starting a prayer that ignited a movement. “They were actually talking about the Asbury revival,” he said of these students. “And one of the students asked the professor, ‘Why not here? And why not now? Can we go to the chapel right now and pray for revival on our campus?'”

The group did just that — and the results were incredible.”It’s been rolling since 9 o’clock [Monday] morning. And the spirit of God is moving,” Fultz said. “We’ve seen salvation, deliverance, healing over the last 24 hours.” He continued, “It’s just been a phenomenal, humbling, incredibly delicate move of God.” Fultz said he was on campus until 4 a.m., worshipping with the students until other leaders came to relieve him. Outside churches and faculty have also participated, with some donating hundreds of water bottles and snacks for the students who are taking part. The preacher, who is in his fifth year as campus minister at Lee, said he hasn’t seen anything like this during his time there, though he noted a revival broke out on campus in the 1970s just weeks after Asbury also experienced one of its most famous revivals. Once again, spiritual activity at Asbury seems to be sparking a chain reaction on other campuses.

Fultz believes the nest big cultural revival will come through the current generation. This is something that God really impressed on my heart for this generation: The greatest revival in human history will come in this generation,” he said. “It may not look like anything that we’ve ever seen before, but it will happen.” He believes the events unfolding at Asbury and Lee are the result of “a pure hunger for a true encounter with Jesus.” Considering the struggles in contemporary culture, Fultz believes young people are looking for something more genuine and dynamic. “But this generation, I think … the weight that they’re carrying is demanding something way more authentic, something way more real,” he said. “And I really believe it’s that hunger for holiness — that hunger for a true encounter with a divine God is really what’s driving their hearts and their passion to really just keep pursuing Him.” Fultz said he’s not sure what will happen next but that the spirit of revival is already hitting other college campuses. “I don’t think these are isolated moments at all, because I do believe that this generation is going to see it,” he said. “I believe they’re gonna see Jesus move in undeniable, unbelievable ways.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.