Loving Life TV

Quartermaster Store for Missions Throughout Africa-FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-DR PETER HAMMOND

Home Forums FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-DR PETER HAMMOND Quartermaster Store for Missions Throughout Africa-FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-DR PETER HAMMOND

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster
    Quartermaster Store for Missions Throughout Africa
    Yesterday we had the joy of receiving a container shipment and offloading 18 pallets of World Missionary Press Gospel booklets. Over 4200 boxes containing over 1,800,000 Gospel booklets in many African languages. Already ministers are lining up to collect boxes of WMP Gospel booklets for their outreaches. “Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” Colossians 3:16

Bless the Nations
    World Missionary Press has been part of every Frontline Fellowship Mission that I have been involved in over 40 years. From my very first cross-border mission into Mozambique, in 1982, I was carrying boxes of WMP booklets in Portuguese and Shangaan (Tsonga) in the saddlebags of my off-road motorbike. No Frontline Fellowship Mission would be complete without WMP Gospel booklets. As itinerant Evangelists we prize these Gospel booklets because they are compact, light-weight, saturated with Scripture, topical and extremely relevant to the issues and challenges of people in Africa. “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes…” Romans 1:16

Send the Light
    Especially for missions on motorbikes, by foot, on bicycles and in dugout canoes, the lightweight, compact WMP boxes are our first choice. We can reach more people with the Word of God carrying in WMP booklets. According to our records we have delivered and distributed well over 7 million WMP Gospel booklets throughout Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Angola, Malawi, Tanzania, the Congo, Rwanda, Sudan and as far afield as Nigeria. As a literature Evangelist, I appreciate that every 5kg box includes 550 Gospel booklets, each 50 pages of Scripture. In the stifling heat of the Nuba Mountains where temperatures can soar during the day time, we are rewarded with lighter loads, the more energetically we distribute the Gospel seed! “The entrance of Your Words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.” Psalm 119:130

Freely you have Received, Freely Give
    World Missionary Press have filled our saddlebags, been packed into our trucks, on our roof racks and trailers as we smuggled the Scriptures behind enemy lines into communist Angola and war-torn Marxist Mozambique. From the very beginning, when I was a poverty stricken Theological student working after hours at the Fire Brigade to help fund myself through College, the generosity of World Missionary Press in making available free literature was invaluable as Gospel seed for me to plant as I hitch-hiked across the country and across the borders. “…Freely you have received, freely give.” Matthew 10:8

Seed Sowing
    In the early years of our Mission, I hitch-hiked over 100,000 miles, distributing WMP Gospel booklets to those who gave me rides and making possible impromptu outreaches door-to-door, on the streets, in market places, at railway stations and taxi ranks, at schools and in shopping centres. Literature distribution has always been our life-blood. It is not only a point of contact in beginning Evangelistic conversations, but it is Gospel seed sown and provides the essential Bible-teaching, discipleship follow-up to those whom we have had the privilege of leading to Christ. “So shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11

Let the Whole World Hear His Word
    We praise God for World Missionary Press, our longest standing spiritual armoury and quartermaster who continue to provide so much of the spiritual ammunition essential for our mission and for so many other ministries whom we supply throughout Africa. It is a tremendous blessing to deliver your Scriptural materials to those who most appreciate, most enthusiastically read and apply the Word of God to their daily lives. We continually receive a wide variety of pastors, evangelists, missionaries, teachers and chaplains coming to our Mission stores at Literature4Africa for the evangelistic and discipleship resources they need. We serve as something of a spiritual quartermaster for the region. https://vimeo.com/581078714

Effective Evangelism
    Numerous Bible Study groups have begun by going through the Scriptures in Satan vs. Christ, The Power of God, The Amazing Life of Christ and other outstanding Gospel booklets. The topical Scripture booklets are much needed and greatly appreciated. I prefer the How to Know God booklet when ministering to Muslims. We know of people who have been brought to Repentance and delivered from witchcraft because of the Satan vs. Christ booklet. Especially in Shona, Zulu and Xhosa. “So then Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” Romans 10:17

When the Bible was Banned
    We praise God that there is now freedom for open distribution of WMP Gospel booklets across the border into Mozambique and Angola, although during the communist years, we had to smuggle WMPs over the river in dug-out canoes across crocodile infested rivers and be circumspect in our distribution to the persecuted Church. During our distributions in the Congo, our biggest problems have been road blocks and bandit activity. In Sudan, the Gospel was illegal and we came under artillery, rocket fire and aerial bombardment while delivering and distributing the Scriptures to Christians in Zandeland, Bariland and Moruland in Equatoria and in the Nuba Mountains of South Kordofan.

The Word of God is Living and Powerful
    These Gospel booklets have helped to establish Bible study fellowships in schools and military bases and to plant congregations. We know of pastors and Evangelists in Sudan and Zambia and chaplains in Zimbabwe, who use WMP Gospel booklets as the outline of their sermons and Bible studies. We have also distributed them widely in prisons and hospitals. The military chaplains that we have trained and supply in Sudan, Nigeria, Zambia and the Congo, in particular, continually request more. We never have enough for the demand in Zimbabwe either. Shona and Ndebele are the primary languages in Zimbabwe. We have spoken to people who have told us how they came to Christ through a WMP Gospel booklet that they found lying on the ground, or in a trash can! So even those which some enemies of the Gospel may have thrown away, have been used of the Lord to bring people to Repentance! “For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

Hunger for the Word of God
    The need is so much greater than our logistical capabilities. According to Operation World there are 500 million people in Africa who claim to be Christians. Of these, 100 million churchgoers in Africa do not yet have a Bible or a New Testament. The needs are great and the spiritual hunger is intense. https://vimeo.com/581078714

Africa for Christ
    These excellent, light-weight and compact Gospel booklets empowers our Evangelism, aids in discipleship, strengthens Believers, helps to establish congregations and Bible study fellowships, bringing the lost to Repentance and Salvation. Please continue to lift up prayer the pastors, chaplains, teachers, evangelists and missionaries who are being supplied by Literature4Africa with the essential spiritual ammunition needed to win Africa to Christ. See: https://vimeo.com/437081457

Yours for the fulfilment of the Great Commission

Dr. Peter Hammond
    Frontline Fellowship
    PO Box 74 | Newlands | 7725 | Cape Town | South Africa
    Tel: +27 21 689 4480
    peter@frontline.org.za
    http://www.FrontlineMissionSA.org
    website email

(13) Frontline Fellowship | Facebook

Frontline Fellowship (@frontlinefellow) / Twitter

Video Gallery – Frontline Fellowship (frontlinemissionsa.org)

Peter Hammond, Missionary at Frontline fellowship | SlideShare

Frontline Fellowship | SermonAudio

Christian Liberty Books

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.