Loving Life TV

The “godfather” of AI quits Google warning of its dangers

Home Forums A SECURITY AND NEWS FORUM The “godfather” of AI quits Google warning of its dangers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster
    The British inventor, widely regarded as the “godfather’ of AI, has issued a stark warning about the dangers inherent in the use of Artificial Intelligence.
    The 75-year-old trailblazer has gone so far as to quit his job at Google to speak openly about the technology he helped create. He joins a growing list of experts sharing their concerns about the rapid advancement of AI and the very real threat it poses to humanity.
    Hinton tweeted on Monday, “I left so that I could talk about the dangers of AI without considering how this impacts Google.”

The pioneer is concerned that generative AI could lead to a wave of misinformation and “devour” jobs.

He also said: “The idea that this stuff could actually get smarter than people – a few people believed that. But most people thought it was way off. And I thought it was way off. I thought it was 30 to 50 years or even longer away. Obviously, I no longer think that.”
    The report below is courtesy of the BBC.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.