Loving Life TV

To Friends of the Reformation Society-DR PETER HAMMOND

Home Forums FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-DR PETER HAMMOND REFORMATION SOCIETY-DR PETER HAMMOND To Friends of the Reformation Society-DR PETER HAMMOND

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster
    Dear Friends
    Greetings in the precious Name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
    From the Frontline: Exodus from Babylonian Captivity of the Church
    Please tune in to the latest From the Frontline podcast on http://www.FrontlineMissionSA.org. It is uploaded and available on: https://fromthefrontline.podbean.com/ . In the early 16th century, led by Prof Martin Luther, Reformers launched a new Exodus from the Babylonian captivity of the mediaeval Roman Catholic papacy. What was the condition of the church prior to the Reformation? What were the issues that needed to be dealt with? What changes came about as a result of the Reformation in the 16th century? How have our lives been affected by these dramatic events? What can we do to help bring about a fresh back to the Bible Reformation and spiritual Revival in our time? “… Contend earnestly for the Faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” Jude 3
    Reformation Society: Countering Halloween Witchcraft with Biblical Reformation
    We are in a spiritual world war. Cruelty to animals, vandalism and murders occur with far greater frequency during Halloween. Every Halloween many thousands of animals and even people, are sacrificed in satanic rituals worldwide, while millions of other people, including well-meaning Christians, participate in Halloween celebrations. Halloween is a prime recruiting time for witches and Satanists. Many people have testified that they were introduced to the occult at a Halloween party. Halloween is very religious, but it is not Christian. “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21
    To view the screen capture video of this presentation, click here
    To view a video of this presentation, click here
    To listen to the audio of the presentation, click here
    To view a PowerPoint of this presentation, click here
    To listen to a radio programme Halloween versus Reformation, click here
    For a website article with links to tracts on a Biblical Response to Halloween, click here
    Upcoming Events:
    Reformation Society: Preparation for Reformation
    If you live in Cape Town, please join us at the Reformation Society this Thursday evening, 27 October, at 18:00 for Supper and Fellowship and at 19:00 for a presentation on the pre-Reformers. Who were some of the forerunners of the Reformation? Who was the Morning Star of the Reformation? Who were the Lollards? What role did Anne of Bohemia play in preparing the way for Reformation? What is the origin of the term my goose is cooked? Why are swans symbolic of the Reformation? Were there any Reformers in Italy? What can we learn from these pre-Reformers that could help us in preparing the way for a new Reformation in our day? “Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?” Psalm 85:6
    Christian Perspective on the News
    Every Friday morning at 7:30 am, I have an opportunity to speak for 10-minutes on Radio Cape Pulpit (729AM) on a Christian Perspective on the News. You can access archives of previous programmes here. To listen online on Radio Cape Pulpit, click here.
    Back to the Bible for Reformation and Revival
    Every year, those involved in Home Education are invited to participate in the Reformation Art and Essay Competition. 500 years ago, Protestant Reformer Dr Martin Luther made his bold stand before the assembled political and ecclesiastical might of Europe. Professor Luther refused to bow to peer pressure, intimidation and political threats. On 18 April 1521, he made his historic speech: “Unless I am convinced by Scripture, or by clear reasoning, that I am in error – for popes and councils have often erred and contradicted themselves – I cannot recant, for I am subject to the Scriptures I have quoted; my conscience is captive to the Word of God. It is unsafe and dangerous to do anything against one’s conscience. Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise, so help me God. Amen.” The Reformation message has seldom been more relevant and needed than now. “For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
    Reformation Artwork or Essays
    Original art work, or essays, on Martin Luther, the 95 Theses, the 5 Solas of the Reformation, the confrontation at Worms, Freedom of Conscience, Freedom of Worship, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Association and its relevance to today will be evaluated. Deadline for submissions: Thursday, 27 October 2022. Submit your entries by email, on attachment, to mission@frontline.org.za, or contact 021-689-4480, for a delivery address. “Tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power and the wonders He has done…so that the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn will tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget His deeds but would keep His commands…” Psalm 78:4-8
    Faith Family Fair
    Please come and support our Home Educators Fair, Saturday, 29 October, where home educators will be showcasing handmade arts and crafts, food, sourdough bread, coffee, fudge, cakes, honey, boerewors rolls, muffins, samosas, protea/fynbos posies, glass paintings, succulent plants, cards, books and more from 9 am till 2 pm. Examples of the artwork and essays will also be displayed at the Home Education Fair where the prize winners will be announced. https://www.christianlibertybooks.co.za/event_details/103
    Reformation Variety Concert
    You are invited to take part in the Variety Concert, 29 October, at 2 pm, where musical items, skits and dramas, or poetry recitals, will be evaluated by a panel of judges. Prizes will be awarded for exceptional creativity, or skill, displayed. “Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but to Your Name give glory, because of Your mercy, because of Your truth.” Psalm 115:1
    Reformation Sunday
    If you want to know of a church in your area that observes Reformation Sunday, please contact us.
    Reformation Day Service and Guided Tour of Huguenot Museum and Monument in Franschhoek
    On Monday 31 October at 10 AM we will have a guided tour of the Huguenot Museum and Monument in Franschhoek, followed by a Reformation Day service at the Huguenot monument at 12 noon. You are then invited to join us for a picnic lunch. “Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?” Psalm 85:6
    Livingstone Fellowship: The Toxic Waste of Bitterness
    To listen to an audio of this message, click here
    Yours for Reformation and Revival

Dr. Peter Hammond
    Reformation Society
    PO Box 74 | Newlands | 7725 | Cape Town | South Africa
    Tel: +27 21 689 4480
    peter@frontline.org.za
    http://www.ReformationSA.org
    website email

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.