Loving Life TV

Two Muggings within 10 Minutes-FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-PETER HAMMOND

Home Forums FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-DR PETER HAMMOND Two Muggings within 10 Minutes-FRONTLINE FELLOWSHIP-PETER HAMMOND

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster

Two Muggings within 10 Minutes

It had been a full day of ministry at KwaSizabantu mission and then I drove-through to Durban to, that evening, speak at the ACDP annual general conference . It was after 11 PM when I returned to the hotel room they had checked me into. It was a sweltering hot summer night and the air-conditioning was not working, so I put on my shorts, sandals and T-shirt and headed out for some fresh air and a walk along Durban’s famous Golden Mile.

“we are Mugging you!”
    I’d not even crossed West Street when I could see a group of 4 Nigerians position themselves to intercept me once I arrived on the other side of this very broad one-way road. The leader, a very large man, waved a silver pistol in my face declaring: “we are mugging you!” My right hand was already in the pocket of my shorts, gripping the handle of my Walter PPK 9mm pistol. “No, you are not!” I thrust my 9 mm pistol firmly into his face. The mugger was waving his pistol in such a lax way that my swift movement took him by surprise. My forefinger was already on the trigger and my thumb had slipped off the safety catch. As my would-be assailant backed off rapidly, I turned to the left and right aiming at the other muggers, but they were already gone, so fast it was hard to believe that they had been there only seconds before!

“Are you Swedish?”
    Placing my Walter PPK back in my pocket, I continued my evening stroll down Durban’s famous beachfront. It wasn’t long before I became aware that I was being followed. Looking in the rear view mirrors and reflections on the windows of parked cars on Marine Parade, it was evident that 3 black men were shadowing me. These were different men. When I crossed the road, they crossed shortly behind me. There was no doubt that they were intentionally stalking me. I was walking briskly, yet they were gaining on me. My right hand was in my pocket, firmly gripping the Walter PPK, thumb on the safety catch and forefinger to the side of the trigger. As I looked over my shoulder, I could see two of the men right behind me, one had a knife in his hand! So I spun around, drew my pistol and aimed right into his face. The would-be assailant and accomplice did some fancy footwork, much like a ballerina pirouette and ran away. I lowered my pistol, but kept alert as the 3rd man of the group, who had been straggling behind them continued walking up to me. He was laughing: “I told them you were too alert, but they said that they would take the chance. Are you Swedish?” He asked me. “No, I am South African.” I responded.

the Tourism Industry
    “We normally try to avoid South Africans, we actually focus on foreigners. They are not armed.” This character was so cheerfully open, you would think that he was involved in the tourism business, which in a way I suppose he was. We walked for some way talking amicably.

Police stopped for coffee and donuts
    During my hour long stroll along Durban’s beachfront, I saw no police, until on my return, close to the swimming pool, outside the Milky Lane, there were several police vehicles and well over 14 well-armed police with body armour. I asked them if there had been some trouble, they said No, they were just on patrol. I mentioned that in less than 10 minutes I had experienced 2 muggings, but had not seen any police anywhere on the Marine Parade Golden mile. The police commented that they had stopped for coffee and donuts. I expressed surprise that all 14 had stopped for refreshments at the same time and place, while no police were visible along the crime ridden Marine Parade tourist Boulevard.

Criminals prefer Unarmed Victims
    Evidently tourists and citizens need to be able to defend themselves, because the muggers feel free to operate throughout the tourist mecca of beachfront Durban. Criminals prefer unarmed victims. And when seconds count, the police are minutes away. Armed citizens save lives. When the time comes that we must act decisively to protect our loved ones, may God make us fast and accurate.
    Read the SECURITY and SURVIVAL HANDBOOK: https://www.christianlibertybooks.co.za/item/security_and_survival_handbook_updated

Dr. Peter Hammond
    Frontline Fellowship
    PO Box 74 | Newlands | 7725 | Cape Town | South Africa
    Tel: +27 21 689 4480
    website email

Give Send Go Frontline Fellowship Priority Projectshttps://www.givesendgo.com/frontlinefellowship
    Click here to see the latest Frontline News:. https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/67668888/frontline-fellowship-news-edition-1-of-2023

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.