Loving Life TV

VB.023.DAILY DEVOTION – HOW TO BE HEALTHIER [+ Video]

Home Forums DAILY BREAD BY VIKING BOER DAILY DEVOTION WITH VIKING BOER VB.023.DAILY DEVOTION – HOW TO BE HEALTHIER [+ Video]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    VIKING BOER

VB.023.DAILY DEVOTION – HOW TO BE HEALTHIER [+ Video]

WATCH THIS VIDEO AT THE END OF THIS POST
    The mentality of the Eagle

I thought it would be a good thing to share the following that I have read a while ago.

The following Bible verse springs to mind:
    Jesus said, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.” (Luke 9:23-24)

There’s one way to be healthier that’s been hidden in the Bible for nearly 2,000 years. And scientists have recently discovered it.
    The latest issue of The New York Times Magazine reveals the results of a scientific study on what effect being a giving or selfless person has on a person’s health.
    They found that people who are selfish have “high levels of biological markers known to promote increased inflammation throughout the body” which lead to “cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.”
    On the other hand, people who are others-focused have lower levels of inflammation and are less prone to infections.
    These researchers concluded that “[Genes] can, it seems, reward us with healthy gene activity when we’re unselfish — and chastise us, at a microscopic level, when we put our own needs and desires first.”

What these scientists have just discovered is something Jesus taught nearly 2,000 years ago:
    Jesus said, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.” (Luke 9:23-24)

We normally take this passage in a figurative sense–that people who live for others will be happier, and their life will be richer and more meaningful.
    But it would now seem that there’s something more literal here. Jesus’ teaching might not be a key to happiness only but also to physical health.
    Because it turns out, those who seek their own life (selfish people) actually do literally lose it–they are more prone to cancer, sickness, and other diseases. And those who give their life away by focusing on others are indeed healthier and save it.
    As the study concludes, our bodies indeed behave differently whether we live a “purpose-driven life” or a “shallower one.”

Giving selflessly I believe is the greatest example Jesus showed by coming to die for us in the first place; even when he would have chosen otherwise so as Christians(Christlike) we ought to follow his lead by giving and putting others first before ourselves.
    That should be the aim of every Loving Life member.
    The mentality of the Eagle can help and actually change
    our daily living if we apply it in our real life.

The Eagle Mentality – Best Motivational Video

SHALOM. Thank you and God bless.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.